It is widely acknowledged that advances in acupuncture research have contributed to the growing acceptance of acupuncture and Oriental medicine. As practitioners and scientists alike, it is important for us to be aware of the trends, successes and failures of such research. The Society for Acupuncture Research is dedicated to improving the quality and increasing the awareness of research in acupuncture, herbal therapy and other modalities of Oriental Medicine.
We welcome individual members (professional or student) including researchers, educators, students, acupuncturists, healthcare practitioners, and members of the public. Students must have a valid student ID. SAR institutional members are organizations that directly support the unique and important mission of SAR, recognizing that the promotion of scientifically sound research into acupuncture and Oriental medicine may directly support their own organizational goals. We welcome institutional members including schools, vendors, and other organizations.
We invite you to actively support our mission by becoming a SAR member. Membership levels:
- Institutional: $1,250/year
- Full-Time Student: $60/year (must fax a copy of your student ID to 888.469.5036 to obtain this rate)
All membership levels include:
- Bi-monthly updates highlighting relevant research
- Discounted registration to SAR-hosted events
- A copy of the most recent conference booklet, including abstracts of papers and poster presentations from the conference
- Discounted subscription rates (>50%) to our official journal, the Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine
- Access to the "Members Only" section of our website which includes special resources and references available solely to SAR members
- Opportunities for committee involvement to support SAR’s work and connect further with other experts in the field