For acupuncture research students, SAR offers tools and resources to stay up-to-date about the latest research, connect with others who share interests, and to learn from experts in the field. Students enjoy the same benefits as a Professional Member but at a more affordable cost (please note: students must be full-time to take advantage of this benefit). Here's how becoming a member of SAR can help...
- SAR's growing library of Evidence Based Assessments provides an easy-reading format that summarizes the research for various conditions that have been studied. While the full assessments offer an individual use license for your personal reference, we also provide 1-page summary sheets available for use as resource handouts. (This benefit alone is worth far more than the cost of an individual SAR membership and is also available as a stand-alone subscription for those who are only interested in this product.)
- SAR's Member Directory provides a way to connect with other SAR members, students, researchers, practitioners, and others...from those new to the field to acupuncture research veterans. The Directory is searchable by name, location, research topics of interest, and research methods of interest.
- Research Highlights will keep you up to date about recent research studies of interest.
- Research Summary articles offer commentary about interesting research studies and why they matter.
- SAR's Expert Interview Series offers glimpses into the background of prominent acupuncture researchers in the field - how they got started in acupuncture research, what areas of research interests them and why, advice for researchers who may be new to the field, and more.
- SAR conferences offer a platform to connect in person with students, researchers, and others from around the globe who share an interest in acupuncture research. Each conference is designed to further your base of knowledge and hear about specific topics, while also hearing about new high-quality clinical studies and basic research. Current members receive a discount on conference registration.
- SAR members also have access to additional resources in the members-only area of SAR's website, including acupuncture methodology and trial design, sham acupuncture, and more.
Boost your credibility by enhancing your knowledge base with a SAR membership, and connect with SAR through social media outlets to stay informed: Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook
We look forward to your involvement!