It is widely acknowledged that advances in acupuncture research have contributed to the growing acceptance of acupuncture and Oriental medicine. As practitioners and scientists alike, it is important for us to be aware of the trends, successes and failures of such research. The Society for Acupuncture Research is dedicated to improving the quality and increasing the awareness of research in acupuncture, herbal therapy and other modalities of Oriental Medicine.
We welcome individual members (professional or student) including researchers, educators, students, acupuncturists, healthcare practitioners, and members of the public. Students must have a valid student ID. SAR institutional members are organizations that directly support the unique and important mission of SAR, recognizing that the promotion of scientifically sound research into acupuncture and Oriental medicine may directly support their own organizational goals. We welcome institutional members including schools, vendors, and other organizations.
Join Now or Subscribe to EBAs
We invite you to actively support our mission by becoming a SAR member or by subscribing to SAR's Library of Evidence Based Assessments.
SAR Membership levels:
- Institutional: $1,250/year
- Full-Time Student: $60/year (must fax a copy of your student ID to 888.469.5036 to obtain this rate)
All membership levels include:
- Bi-monthly updates highlighting relevant research
- Discounted registration to SAR-hosted events
- A copy of the most recent conference booklet, including abstracts of papers and poster presentations from the conference
- Discounted subscription rates (>50%) to our official journal, the Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine
- Access to the "Members Only" section of our website which includes special resources and references available solely to SAR members
- Opportunities for committee involvement to support SAR’s work and connect further with other experts in the field
- Exclusive individual access to SAR’s full library of condition-specific Evidence-Based Assessments designed for practitioners (this benefit alone, sold separately to non-members for $3,000, is worth far more than the cost of membership!)
Institutional members enjoy:
- Exclusive access for organizational staff and faculty to SAR’s full library of condition-specific Evidence-Based Assessments designed for organizations, companies and educational institutions (this benefit alone, sold separately to non-members for $3,000, is worth far more than the cost of membership!)
- Access for up to 5 people to the "Members Only" section of our website
- One free registration to the annual SAR conference, and discounted registration to other SAR-hosted events
- A link to your website from the Institutional Members page on the SAR website
- Listing as an Institutional Member in the conference program book
Student members enjoy:
- The same benefits as Professional Members, yet at a lower student rate (must be a full-time student and provide a copy of your student ID)
Subscribe to SAR's Library of Evidence Based Assessments (EBAs)
- Individual license: $97 (one-person license - annual subscription)
- Advocacy multi-use license: $295 (license to share the content from EBA publications for the sole purpose of supporting advocacy around legislative issues at the national or state level - annual subscription)
EBA subscriptions are non-refundable.